Dax Shepard reveals he was molested as a child

Dax Shepard has come forward to reveal that he was molested as a child. 


“It took me 12 years to tell anyone,” the 41-year-old said on Sirius XM’s “The Jason Ellis Show” on Monday. “And then all that time, I was like … ‘It’s my fault,’ as generic as that is, I’m like, I’m gay, I must have manifested this because I’m secretly gay.’ I had all these insane thoughts for 11 years or 12 years.”

 Shepard, who described the molestation as “minimal,” said that he feels it played a part in his struggle with addiction later in life, according to USA Today. This was confirmed by a statistic his mother, who is a court-appointed advocate for foster children, came across during her work.
“If you’ve been molested, you only have a 20 percent chance of not being an addict,” the actor said. “And I was like, ‘Hm, interesting,’ because in my mind I just like to have a f-----g great time. But when you hear a statistic like that, I’m like, ‘Oh no, I was going to be an addict, period.’ ”
Shepard, who is married to actress Kristen Bell, has been sober since 2004.
This article originally appeared in the New York Post's Page Six.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamb question

Assassin's Creed